7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 12:19 PM by Intel Corporation

assembly experience

aerobot

Hello

I follow the guide.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/aero/aero-platform-uavs-mechanical-assembly-guid…

However I ended up with 3x pieces.

canvas.png

@What am I supposed to do with this ? 2.80 - pin accessories connector cable

@I guess I do not need this for now as I have enclosure kit.However I have "ready to fly kit".Can I use this for "ready to fly kit"

5.Extension cable for VGA camera (not required for assembly in Enclosure Kit)

@ This is totally mystery for me.I cant find this in the guide either.No mention of this at all.You can see this rectangular thing in both photos.Did I miss anything in the assembly? I just plastered it for now

canvas1.png

Thanks

• 1. Re: assembly experience
          MartyG

The guide says that the cable shown, with one black end and one light colored end, is the extension cable for the VGA camera (a cable that is not required if using the enclosure).

The L-shaped part looks like the 80-pin Accessories Connector Cable. Stage 8 on page 14 of the guide shows how to attach it to the enclosure.

The remaining part at the bottom of your picture looks like the 8 MP camera module.  Stage 5 on page 11 shows how to connect it to the enclosure.

• 2. Re: assembly experience
            aerobot

Hello

I do not need guesses.Because it does not look like what you say.I need exact information.Take a closer look at my attached photo.On the right side of the photo "that mystery" is hanging on the edge.8 MP camera module is at its place.I ll attach another photo.

"The remaining part at the bottom of your picture looks like the 8 MP camera module.  Stage 5 on page 11 shows how to connect it to the enclosure."

My question solid rock stands.I am asking something different.It is very simple to attach it.Guide explains it well.

"@What am I supposed to do with this ? 2.80 - pin accessories connector cable"

Thanks

• 3. Re: assembly experience
              MartyG

To be fair, the very small size of the photo that you provided made identification of the parts difficult, which is why I used phrases like "looks like".  But  my identifications do match up to the guide's images and the stated page numbers.

The guide says on page 14, "Attach the accessories connector cable to the 80-pin connector through the hole in the enclosure with the top of the enclosure facing up and the cable oriented as shown in the picture".

• 4. Re: assembly experience
                aerobot

Hello

I help myself out.I digged into intel forums and managed to find this.When I look closer I can see GPS,COMPASS etc labels on the thing.Why do I need this for compute board-enclosure kit? For experimental works? Simulating ready to fly kit on my desktop?

The 4 peripheral connectors are for GPS, Compass, Remote Control radio receiver, and Telemetry radio

http://us.yuneec.com/Aero-Drone-Sub-PCB-80-pin-FPC

Thanks to me

• 5. Re: assembly experience
                  MartyG

I apologize for misunderstanding your question.  When you asked what you do with the cable, I thought you wanted to know how to attach it, not what it was used for. 

• 6. Re: assembly experience
                    aerobot

No worries

• 7. Re: assembly experience
                      Intel Corporation
                      This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi aerobot,

The extension cable as you mentioned is not required but can be used to extend the connection between the cameras and the Aero Compute Board. It can be useful when mounting the compute board inside the enclosure kit so the down facing camera cable does not have such a tight fit. 

The plastic cover is to cover a camera facing forward on top of the RealSense camera. This slot is not used but i found that the down facing camera fits there as well. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                      Jesus