Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Lag on right click on desktop, opening Control Panel, HD 630

TPete5
Beginner

Hi! I would like to report a problem with HD 630 and it's driver. Recently I purchased Lenovo Legion Y720 (80VR00H9LT). I started with fresh Windows 10 Home installation. For first time I installed latest Intel driver for HD 630 from Intel.com. But after driver installation and OS restart, I started to experience annoying lags. Not only "timeouts" on right click on desktop, opening Control Panel or apps for first time, but also freezes for every 10 seconds just doing anything - moving cursor around desktop for example. Then I just uninstalled this driver and installed driver from Lenovo.com for my laptop model. Same issues. After that I uninstalled driver from Lenovo.com and installed driver from Windows Update. Freezes was gone, but some lags remained. With no driver (Microsoft Basic graphics driver) or when I run some game (GeForce driver running for that time) issues is not present. Below video I recorded recently.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TPete5
Beginner

Here is detailed information -

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

In first post.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Lenovo Legion Y720 (80VR00H9LT)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Yes, GeForce GTX 1060.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP.

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8,00 GB (7,86 GB usable).

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etcNo other hardware.

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_38E117AA&REV_04

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_38E117AA

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&CC_0300

<td rowspan="4" style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 ...
0 Kudos