Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

problemas RST windows10 v1709

MRang
Beginner

Recentemente o windows update atualizou o SO para a versao 1709 do windows10, desde então tenho problemas ao iniciar o notebook, ao iniciar o carregamento do windows o note desligava. Pesquisando na internet descobri que o problema estava relacionado ao Rapid Storage Technology da Intel. Executei a desinstalação do programa e o problema foi resolvido.

Contudo eu gostaria de reinstalar o RST, mas o instalador acusa falha com problemas de compatibilidade de hardware. Detalhe, estou utilizando um SSD.

Percebo que mesmo sendo um SSD o sistema está lento depois que desinstalei o RST.

Anteriormente a versão 1709 do SO, mesmo utilizando o SSD, o RST está totalmente funcional.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

RST is used to support things like RAID and HDD Acceleration. You don't seem to be using either of these features. This being the case, why do you want to install RST?

(Hint: having it installed should make little difference to performance; that is not its function).

...S

0 Kudos
MRang
Beginner

Hi N. Scott Pearson.

About the performance, when I had installed the RST the performance of the notebook using SSD was better.

And before Windows10´s version 1709 was running normal.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am going to move this discussion to the RST forum, where a more-appropriate mindset will see it...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mayco.A.Ranghetti: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities. We will do our best to try to fix this problem.

In order to better assist you:

What is the model of the board?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of the laptop?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
MRang
Beginner

Hi Alberto, thanks for your help.

I m going to write in Portuguese, ok?

What is the model of the board?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of the laptop?

Eu instalei um SSD e antes da versão 1709 do Windows 10, meu notebook estava funcionando bem.

Depois do update para a versão 1709 comecei a ter problemas. Ao tentar ligar o notebook, era apresentado o logo do Windows e o notebook desligava. Para contornar a situação, ao ligar o notebook eu acessava a bios escolhia a opção para Sair e reiniciar e o Windows iniciava normalmente.

Pesquisei na internet, encontrei que o problema poderia ser o RST. Desinstalei o RST e consegui utilizar normalmente o notebook.

Fui atrás de uma atualização do RST, mas não consegui instalar nenhuma das versões disponibilizadas no site da Intel.

Contudo, na área de suporte da Dell eu consigo baixar uma versão bem antiga do driver. Eu consegui instalar a versão 12.8.2.100,A1, mas novamente estou com problemas quando estou ligando o notebook. Veja detalhes do site da Dell referente ao driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mayco.A.Ranghetti: You are very welcome. Thank you very much for providing those details and the pictures. We recommend to install the Intel® RST version provided by Dell because it was validated by them as fully compatible with your system.

You mentioned you already tried to install different Intel® RST versions from our web site, just in case we can try version 14.8:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005

If by any chance the version 14.8 does not get installed or if the problem persists after that, then the next thing to do will be to get in contact with Dell directly for further warranty or technical assistance:

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/pt/pt/ptbsdt1/contactus/dynamic?lwp=rt http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/pt/pt/ptbsdt1/contactus/dynamic?lwp=rt

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Mayco.A.Ranghetti: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
MRang
Beginner

Hi Alberto.

Thank you very much.

The version 14.8 of RST is running perfect.

I had no problem for to install and the notebook is running very well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mayco.A.Ranghetti: You are very welcome. Perfect, thank you very much for sharing those results, we are glad to hear the tool is working properly on the notebook.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos