Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

How can I switch from an vendor specific video driver to original Intel Driver for HD 530?

DSpan2
Beginner

For my Thinkpad, most up to date driver version is 22.20.16.4749 from 24.07.2017.

How may I switch to the latest Intel version 15.47.02.4815 from 10.10.2017?

Windows thinks the Thinkpad Version would be most up to date, when trying to install the Intel version.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello dsp76,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community.

Try this method for the installation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows..., it should install the driver you are referring to.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DSpan2
Beginner

That doesn't work, as Microsoft claims the installed laptop manufacturer driver would be the most actual one. Maybe because the version number in the beginning seems to be higher?

I would need to uninstall the Lenovo Thinkpad Version of the Intel HD 530 driver first completely, so its not getting automatically selected again before trying to install the Intel Version.

How could I do that?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that!

You could try uninstalling the Graphics Driver via the Add/Remove Programs Method, find this method below:

1. Open the Add/Remove Programs window.
  2. Find the Graphics Driver.
  3. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  4. Follow the prompts stated by the Intel Installation Framework window to complete the process.
  5. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Then proceed with the driver installation of your selection, you can use the very same method mentioned before.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119319 dsp76,

If you need further assistance let us know

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos