1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2011 3:33 AM by

DH55HC & Intel I5-750 posting issues

AndrewB

I'd appreciate any help or to be steered in the right direction here.

I bought a new Intel I5-750 processor (from ebay) and bought a DH55HC and 2 x corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 2x2gb memory modules. This was all installed into my ATX case and plugged into my (known good) Antec 500W PSU. Both the main motherboard power and the addition 12v power is connected, as is the heatsink to the header on the mainboard.

The problem is that when you power on, the system beeps three times and powers down. Now, i've looked this up at the desktop boards faq http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010249.htm and understand that three beeps is a memory issue. The memory is installed in both black slots. I've reseated the memory, swapped the modules over, run with only one module and the results are always the same i.e. three beeps.

As it seems to be a memory issue, i've ordered (this time from Micron directly) matched modules for the mainboard,

Qty: 1 CT2KIT25664BA1339
           Part number: CT2KIT25664BA1339
           Description: 4GB kit (2GBx2), 240-pin DIMM  Upgrade for a Intel DH55HC System

Thinking this would fix the problem - it didn't - i'm getting the same messages.

So, i've ordered a new replacement mainboard and swapped the processor and heatsink over. The memory has been swapped and i'm still getting three beeps and fans-off.

Am I mis-reading the problem? Could this be a processor issue after all as surely the 64k memory exists on the processor, not the mainboard and memory installed therein?

Any help appreciated. I'm at my wits end.

1 2 Previous Next