Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

grey screen after sleep

MPage
Beginner

I have an Intel Core i5-7500 CPU 3.40 Ghz in a newly built PC.

Every time I wake it from sleep I get a grey screen with vertical lines and a small box that moves around the screen with the mouse -see attached picture. There is no way to recover the session and I have to reboot the PC by holding the power button.

I suspect that the problem is with the display driver which is an HD Graphics 630 22.20.16.4815. As it is a new build, I cannot roll back to an earlier version.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Actually there are older drivers you can try: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Actually there are older drivers you can try: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 630

0 Kudos
MPage
Beginner

Thanks for the link.

I have installed the earliest available driver and it has fixed the problem.

I have disabled the Intel automatic update, just need to work out how to stop microsoft from updating it.

0 Kudos
MPage
Beginner

Thanks for the link.

I have downloaded the troubleshooter but none of the drivers listed matches the driver that I have just installed.

0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

I have the same problem as the OP after Creators update 1709 and loading different drivers did not fix the problem, now the change is rare random when vertical lines and a small box happens with the original drivers.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Anther thing to check - Some BIOSs have a configuration parameter that allows you to indicate that you want the graphics interface to be fully re-initialized by the BIOS before returning control to the O/S. If your's has this capability, try enabling it and see if it helps.

...S

0 Kudos