1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 12:35 PM by Intel Corporation

i7-7700HQ turbo boost problem & overclocking?

Joshtheboss

I've recently bought a laptop with i7-7700HQ and its turbo boost is no where near the 3.8Ghz is supposed to be running at. instead its running at 3.3 Ghz and it never ever seems to go any higher than that.

i tried overclocking the CPU but my computer instant shut down, i do not know why Its doing this. I don't no if it can be overclocked or what. I want to see if i can make it run at its maximum turbo boost of 3.8Ghz IMG_2014.JPG

• 1. Re: i7-7700HQ turbo boost problem & overclocking?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities. We are sorry to hear the processor is not working as expected.

In regard to your inquiry, remember that the manufacturer of the laptop customized all the software/hardware features of the unit, they have the option to enable or disable different features from the computer such as The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. In order to try to fix this problem, we recommend to do a BIOS update to the latest version and to install the latest version of the chipset driver. In regard to overclocking the processor we always recommend to use the device under stock configuration with the defaults BIOS settings. At this point we advice to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop to get further technical or warranty assistance on this subject.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R