Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20455 Discussions

[W10 Fall Creators Update x64] Intel HD 4400 Latest Drivers Causing Screen Flickering in Videogames

KGall2
Beginner

Hello,

I initially voiced out this issue on a similar thread because me and the OP had the same integrated GPU, but I was advised by Intel themselves to start up a new thread.

Basically what happens is: on Windows 10 x64 Fall Creators Update (ver. 1709), with Intel HD 4400 and the latest drivers (15.40.36.4703), if I run any videogame without an FPS limiter/ingame VSync enabled, the screen will flicker wildly, and disappears if VSync is enabled app-wise (driver-wise hard VSync does not work). I believe this is a compatibility issue with the latest build of Windows 10, mainly because I had the same version on Creators Update and there were no problems.

I tried both with Game Mode and DVR off, but they do not fix the issue...

Attached are the requested diagnostics:

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Screen will flicker if VSync or FPS Limiter is OFF

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel Core i5-4210U @ 1.7 GHz with Intel HD 4400

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; bo...
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bryce__Intel
Employee

We released a driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28163 15.40.41.5058 and were unable to see the issue with this. Could you update, retest, and let us know if you're still able to see this failing? Thanks.

0 Kudos