cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade P3600 SSD firmware in VMware ESXi

SLiu60
New Contributor

Dear All,

I had some P3600 NVME SSD which were installed in DELL R730XD server,and they are running VMware vSAN 6.2 on it. The default firmware version is DP01,and VMware suggest us to upgrade the firmware to DP04。

Anyone know how to do the NVME SSD firmware upgrade work in ESXi6.0 U2? In Intel Website, I also can not find the firmware package and download link of ESXi version .

SSD Info:

/opt/intel/isdct] ./isdct show -intelssd

- Intel SSD DC P3600 Series CVMD6250009B2P0EGN -

Bootloader : 8B1B012F

DevicePath : intel-nvme0DeviceStatus : HealthyFirmware : 8DV1DP01FirmwareUpdateAvailable : Please contact your Intel representative about firmwar e update for this drive.Index : 0ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPEDME020T4D HHHL NVMe 2000GBProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P3600 SeriesSerialNumber : CVMD6250009B2P0EGN

- Intel SSD DC P3600 Series CVMD626600GU2P0EGN -

Bootloader : 8B1B012F

DevicePath : intel-nvme1

DeviceStatus : Healthy

Firmware : 8DV1DP01

FirmwareUpdateAvailable : Please contact your Intel representative about firmwar e update for this drive.

Index : 1

ModelNumber : INTEL SSDPEDME020T4D HHHL NVMe 2000GB

ProductFamily : Intel SSD DC P3600 Series

SerialNumber : CVMD626600GU2P0EGN

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SnLiu,

We understand that you want to upgrade the firmware for the Intel® SSD DC P3600 Series. We want to inform you that the firmware version you are requesting is an old one, we always recommend to install the latest one. In this case is 8DV101H0 with Bootloader 8B1B0133 as per this https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000017245/memory-and-storage.html article. Since you already have the Intel® SSD Data Center Tool please follow the next commands: isdct load -intelssd (index of the SSD) Please let us know if that works. Regards, Junior M.

SLiu60
New Contributor

Our system is VMware esxi, I didn't find any package can install in esxi 。

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi SnLiu,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the latest version of the Ihttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27144/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool?product=87278 ntel® SSD Data Center Tool for VMware*.

In order for you to update the firmware you just need to enter the following command:

isdct load -intelssd (index of the SSD)

Regards,

Junior M.

SLiu60
New Contributor

I know that tool and I already install on my machine, the question is I can not find the install package for the firmware upgrade.

Finally, I ask DELL support to get the solution for that,the solution is not good, but better than nothing.