This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation1 of 1 people found this helpful
We understand that you're looking to update to the latest wireless driver for your adapter, but are having issues with the installation process.
Since the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 is a legacy adapter which is no longer receiving driver updates, you can find it's latest drivers under one link:
- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205.
Make sure to select the appropriate download for your OS (WiFi_Win7_64_19.70.0.exe).
Sometimes an error such as the one that your receiving can come from trying to install our generic driver over your OEM specific version. To counter this, we recommend performing a clean driver installation.
1. Download and save our latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for your adapter, from the link above.
2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, make sure to uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."
3. Go to the Control Panel, view by large or small icons > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 (or however it's currently displayed) and uninstall it. Make sure to select the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."
4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.
5. Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software that was downloaded back in step one.
6. Reboot your computer.
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
We're glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If there's anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to let us know.