5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 2:55 AM by Ravikeron

DevCloud support for Caffe

hock73

In my environment I only noticed TF and Neon support. How can I get Caffe env supported?

+----------+---------------+

| name     | default_env   |

|----------+---------------|

| tf_1.2.1 | False         |

| neon     | True          |

+----------+---------------+

• 1. Re: DevCloud support for Caffe
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hock73,

Thank you for contacting Intel, in order to better assist you, could you please provide the product you're working with? I look forward to your answer so we can review it and see what is possible and what would be needed.

I'll stay tuned to your comments. 

Kenneth R.
          Intel Customer Support.

• 2. Re: DevCloud support for Caffe
            Shankar.Ratneshwaran

Hello,

Which cluster are you on ?  ( Eg. c005)

Can you please provide the command and output that you used to determine the frameworks available?

• 3. Re: DevCloud support for Caffe
              Rajeev_MA

It should already be present in the path /glob/intel-python/python2/bin . Can you please run the following commands and paste the output?

1. which caffe
              2. cd / && find . -name caffe | less

By default, Caffe uses Intel Distribution for Python 2. If Python 3 is preferred, change the following line in the '~/.bash_profile' script from 'python2' to 'python3'

export PATH=/glob/intel-python/python2/bin/:$PATH

You will have to either log out/back in or run the following for the changes to take effect:

source ~/.bash_profile

• 4. Re: DevCloud support for Caffe
                Anandakrishnan

Hello,

I have checked my  access node and was able to verify that Caffe works fine. You may not be able to find Caffe under /glob/deep-learning , but that is OK. Caffe is installed and the behavior should be the same across the other nodes also.  I was also successfully able to import caffe from Python

Intel Nervana DevCloud Team
                #######################################################################

Last login: Wed Nov  1 03:23:08 2017 from 10.5.0.7
                [u5658@c009 ~]$ python
                Python 2.7.13 |Intel Corporation| (default, Aug 15 2017, 16:14:15)
                [GCC 4.8.2 20140120 (Red Hat 4.8.2-15)] on linux2
                Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
                Intel(R) Distribution for Python is brought to you by Intel Corporation.
                Please check out: https://software.intel.com/en-us/python-distribution
                >>> import caffe
                >>> print (caffe.__version__)
                1.0.0-rc3
                >>>

Kindly try to submit and caffe job using qsub and let us know if you see any issues.

Best Regards

Anandakrishnan

• 5. Re: DevCloud support for Caffe
                  Ravikeron

Is the information provided above helpful to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Ravi Keron N