2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2017 9:45 AM by Intel Corporation

Formatting multiple times bad or not for laptop components?

Aress

Hello,

I bought a Asus X550VX laptop with i7 6700hq a year ago. A few days ago I reformatted my laptop with windows 10 usb. This was my first formatting on this new laptop , but I had to format 15-20 times(with windows 10 iso boot usb) in 3 days cause of some Windows update errors and other driver errors .Also I am an obsessive and perfectionist if I see an error or something goes wrong format it immediately , until the system works perfect.

After these 15 times formats now I am using my computer cause windows updates and drivers installed succesfully.But now my laptop reaches 95-96 degrees in 20 minutes when I am playing game.Also I got lower fps (30-36)now but before I was playing the same game and I reached max 90-92C in 1 hour , also I got higher fps on the same game(40-46) .

So is it possible to these 15-20 times formats damage to my laptops components? hardrive , motherboard , ram or something? because It was the first time I reached to 96 degrees after formats.

I am really upset for it I think that I damaged my laptop with 15-20 formats.Is it possible? I am using SSD If it just damage for SSD it is ok cause I will upgrade higher capacity SSD in 2-3 months.

I just want to know if  too much format in a row damage to other components like motherboard,ram,processor .... If its not why my laptop get higher degrees and lower fps when I am playing game? Please help me...

-I just used my Windows 10 iso boot usb for formatting my laptop everytime.

Sorry for my bad English.

• 1. Re: Formatting multiple times bad or not for laptop components?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Aress,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

I can answer this subject based on your processor specification, if you would like to know if one of the components is damaged the right answer should be provided by ASUS. So, your processor maximum temperature is 100°C, this temperature is called the TJUNCTION. If you are getting temperatures below this parameter then the system is behaving as expected, now there are a couple of things you could try that might lower these temperatures; you can play with the recommended settings, update your Intel® HD Graphics version to the latest, update your BIOS and chipset driver. On the other hand, If this behavior did not happen before, checking the integrity of your hardware components is a great idea and the best place to do that is with ASUS.

Regards,

Amy C.

• 2. Re: Formatting multiple times bad or not for laptop components?
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Aress,

Hope you were able to check the previous input.

Regards,

Amy C.