4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2017 5:35 AM by Intel Corporation

Does the Date Matter?

AshaApp

Hi,

My Trusted Publisher certificate for Intel Corporation, issued by Intel External Basic Issuing CA 3B, is out of date (May 25, 2017).  It's purpose is to monitor/guarantee "code signing".   I've been concerned about an intrusion threat.  Is the date a problem?  Just checking....

Thanks,

R. F. Melzer

• 1. Re: Does the Date Matter?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi AshaApp,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, let me help you on this mater.
          I understand you are getting certificate problems by Intel External Basic Issuing CA 3B, please bear in mind this is caused by Intel® drivers, but at this stage, I would like to know what is exactly the program or the devices you are currently trying to run on the computer?
          Can you take screenshots of the error message? Based on the information I have searched for this message, it seems to be wireless drivers.

Additionally, I would like to know more information about your system configuration, please run the following utility and attach the results.

Thank you for your time.  

Allan J.

• 2. Re: Does the Date Matter?
            Intel Corporation

Hi AshaApp,

I was wondering if you were able to gather computer configuration. Please run this utility to get the information.

Thanks for your time.

Allan J.

• 3. Re: Does the Date Matter?
              AyodeleApple

Hi,

A copy of the scan is attached.  I've also included some screen shots of the dialog box showing the certificate. 

Thanks for getting back to me

Ayodele

• 4. Re: Does the Date Matter?
                Intel Corporation

Hi AyodeleApple,

Thank you for the reports and screen shots.

After checking the error message and reviewing some internal documentation, I see this issue is related to the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 drivers.

Please bear in mind that since you have a mobile system, all issues with integrated Intel components are handled by the computer manufacturer. Also, the driver or software for your Intel component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

Please try testing this driver version 20.0.2

Hope it works,

Allan J.