Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Speech recognition in 2016 R3 version?

idata
Employee

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a project that incorporates custom gestures using https://labs.cognitive.microsoft.com/en-us/project-prague Microsoft Project Prague and I would like to use speech recognition in my application as well.

I know that the 2016 R2 SDK supports speech recognition, but Microsoft Project Prague only works with the latest available SDK (2016 R3).

Is it possible to combine both SDK versions so that I can use the speech recognition module from the R2 version? If not, why was it removed from the R3 version?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The reason given for removals of features in the 2016 R3 SDK is that the feature-list was shaped by developer feedback. In the case of speech recognition, it is possible that licensing issues were also involved, as the speech component was provided by the company Nuance rather than developed in-house by Intel. I do not know of a way to import the speech component into R3 unfortunately, and if it were possible then it would probably be a licensing violation if Nuance had not licensed the software for use with R3.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The reason given for removals of features in the 2016 R3 SDK is that the feature-list was shaped by developer feedback. In the case of speech recognition, it is possible that licensing issues were also involved, as the speech component was provided by the company Nuance rather than developed in-house by Intel. I do not know of a way to import the speech component into R3 unfortunately, and if it were possible then it would probably be a licensing violation if Nuance had not licensed the software for use with R3.

idata
Employee
0 Kudos