cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel dc p4500 speed caped?

rvict
New Contributor

Hello,

On tests the read speed of dc p4500 never gets higher than 1500MB/s. Same results on different systems and motherboards(pci 3.0).

There is some way to circumvent that?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi victer,

We understand your concern regarding the performance of the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series. In order to better address your situation, could you please provide the following information: -What is the operating system you are using? -Are you using the SSD as a storage device or are you using it as a boot drive? -What is the tool you are using in order to perform the benchmark? -Please download and install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27130/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox. Once is installed, hit the "Export" option and attach the file. We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

rvict
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm using windows 2012

The p4500 is a storage device(not on production yet)

I used Crystaldiskmark to benchmark and the export is attached

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi victer,

Thanks for the information provided. Based on the logs, it seems that the SSD is connected to a PCIe port 3.0 by 2 lanes. We suggest you to install the SSD in a PCIe port 3.0 by 4 lanes. Please let us know if that works. Regards, Junior M.

rvict
New Contributor

Hello, i did try your suggestion, but no good, same speeds.

Even when i try on a 16x gen 3 slot, the speed stays the same.