8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 5:07 PM by MartyG

advice on identifying no device connected for OSX and librealsense

svenevs

I've been at this all day, I have no problems compiling (have compiled with XCode, Clang5, GCC7), but I can't get any of the realsense demos / tools to recognize a device is actually connected :/  The only "progress" I made is probably just a bug, if I launch realsense-viewer with the camera plugged in it will ask "Connect a RealSense Camera or Add Source".  If I unplug and replug, the dialogue will go away, but nothing will actually happen.

$ lsusb -t
         Bus 000.Dev 001: USB 3.0 Bus,
           |__ Bus 020.Dev 003: BRCM20702 Hub, 12M
               |__ Bus 020.Dev 006: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 12M
           |__ Bus 020.Dev 002: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 12M
           |__ Bus 020.Dev 013: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200), 5G

It's definitely connected, also to USB3 (that's all I've got).  I know the camera works, it's got no problems doing things on Linux on the same computer.

I've tried building stable releases, latest development branch, etc.  I'm not sure how to continue, are there any alternative tools I can use here?  On linux I would use the classic GStreamer approach described back in the day here:

intel RealSense camera on Linux

Truth be told, my entire API was originally using this before I decided to reframework and just use the official SDK / be able to support this camera model on non-linux.

I'm game for an adventure, but need some steering as to which rabbit hole to jump down next.  Would libusb be the problem?  libuvc?  Thanks for any thoughts

Message was edited by: stephen mcdowell bad formatting on lsusb output