2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 2:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Cannot access the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

EMM
      I needed to reinstall the Windows 7 64-bit operating system due to corrupted files and computer lockups.  The computer was to run in a Raid 1 configuration.   After the reinstall, I could not bring up the Intel Rapid Storage Technology software by clicking on its icon.  I brought up the ‘readmeIRST.txt’ file from the ‘C:\Program Files\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology’ folder.  This file indicated that the storage should be as follows:

32-bit: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology
      64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

There was no corresponding folder in the ‘C:\Program Files (x86)’ folder as indicated above for the 64-bit system.  The installed computer software showed that ‘Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology’ version ‘14.6.0.1029’ was installed.

I went to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Support site and referenced ‘Software Applications’ and ‘Windows 7, 64-bit’ for the ‘Intel Matrix Storage Manager’ having a version number: ‘8.9.0.1023’.  I wasn’t sure that this software was the same as the currently installed software and the version number seemed to be earlier.  I tried clicking on the download icon but nothing happened.

I don’t know if Raid 1 is working or not on the computer; the Device Manager indicates that the controller is working. I need to be able to access the software.

EMM