2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 12:36 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel

ML@542017

IS My Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver in Windows 10 and my Intel Ready Mode Technology Different Systems? Because when I Restart it does not come on Like it should in my Taskbar and when I open it up to activate it another new picture version is turning it on More New Version.I Hope that makes since????? Help Please

• 1. Re: Intel
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ML@542017,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support.  I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with the speed when starting Windows® 10 up.

As for your first question, yes, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and Intel® Ready Mode Technology are different systems with no relation.  The first one is related that RAID setups, and the second one is related to Ready Mode setups (which will make the system load faster).

The booting time will depend of the operating system, the amount of RAM, and the software running in the background.  To improve the speed, you add more RAM, use a faster drive, and close applications running in the background.

Another helpful way to improve the booting time to disable unneeded startup items.  To do it, in the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, in the Run box please type msconfig and hit Enter.  Go the Startup tab, and in there you will either see a list of the startup applications or you will have to click a link to launch a program with such a list.  You just need to look for any startup item that you do not need, right-click it, and disable it.

Regards,

Xavier A.

• 2. Re: Intel
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello ML@542017,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.