1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 1:34 PM by Intel Corporation

kabylake PCI Express Root Port #10 Error 31 SOLUTION

BatmanIsACop

First, Here's my hardware so people understand exactly the components I have installed:
      ASRock X299 Taichi (Latest BIOS as of 10/22/17)
      Intel Core i9 7900x (Stock clock)
      2x eVGA GTX 1080Ti (SLI)

Elgato HD60 Pro Capture card

2x Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 UDIMM (64GB Total)
      2x 512 MVe SSD M.2

3x 4TB Seagate 7200RPM HD's (RAID5)

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2 Power Supply

Recently, I experienced two driver errors:

KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 (Error 31)

KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #3 (Error 31)

Port #3 was corrected by choosing the right driver for port #10.
      Port #10 continually insisted it was a driver error

I have found a simple solution, and it appears to be mostly related to ASRock boards.

In the Device manager (Press the windows key and R, in the run box type " control " -no quotation marks- and press enter) This will bring up the old control panel, select Device Manager.the

Locate "KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10" under System devices.  System Devices should already list the devices due to the error, so look for the error triangle.

Right Click KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 and choose Update Driver.  When the window opens asking "How do you want to search for drivers?" Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

Now you have the option to search for the driver in a location or a button that says (with an arrow) Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer. Click the button.

You should now have "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware"

The available drivers are listed.  You should have two options, with one being the driver causing the issue "KabyLake PCI Express Root Port #10 - A2B1"

and "Intel(r) 200 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A2B1"

Select the "Intel(r) 200 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A2B1" driver and click next.

You will get
      "Windows has successfully Updated your drivers"
      Windows has finished installing the drivers for this device: Intel(R) 200 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A2B1"

Click close.  It doesn't prompt for a reboot, but I would reboot anyway.  The chipset series may be different than 200, but A2B1 is the thermal control address for the chipset, not a PCI root port.

I hope this helps others as after hours of searching, everyone keeps telling people to reinstall the INF chipset drivers, which only tries to reinstall the wrong driver for this device.