Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities. I understand you would like to run your system without flickering and we can certainly check on this problem to look for a possible solution!
In this case, I would like to check some data:
- When is the flickering present?
- Is it started by a program? If so, which program?
- Is it started by a game? If so, what is the name?
- Do you have flickering when there are no programs running on the system?
- With no programs opened, is the flickering present on the task manager?
Also, you can update the driver to use this generic version, please test it and let me know how it goes.: http://intel.ly/2z2RYw7
If you have issues while installing the driver, please follow these steps to install it:
1. Extract the .zip file downloaded
2. Access the device manager and look for display adapters (double-click on it, you should be able to see an Intel(R) HD Graphics adapter or Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
3. Right-click and select update driver for Intel HD Graphics
4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
5. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Click on "Have Disk" and find the extracted folder of the driver downloaded
7. Go to "Graphics" folder within driver folder and select the **igdlh64.inf** file and hit open then ok
8. Select Intel HD Graphics XXX under "model" and hit next
Thank you for that information.
Have you contacted ASUS regarding this behavior? Based on it, it could be hardware matter and the best thing to do will have one of their support agents to take a look.