Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Intel S5520hc fans are always running full speed and I did a quick sysinfo run

ttsoj
Novice

Hello,

I have the same issues as both guys above and i did a quick sysinfo run. I also posted some time ago about this problem ( ), maybe you can find there some info that helps solving our problem.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello tsoj ,

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention.

We are currently analysing the data provided in the /servlet/JiveServlet/download/504080-175759/LogFiles.zip LogFiles.zip and will provide you with further steps as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caesar B_Intel.

0 Kudos
ttsoj
Novice

I noticed i forgot to say, that the only fan that is plugged in is the "System Fan 3", so maybe I was just too naive to think that the fan control could still work without most of the fans. However, I never had heating issues, so it would be nice to be able to have fan control that depends on thermal measurements. With this single fan spinning the whole time at 100% the temperature of the CPUs was always below 80 degrees Celsius even at full processor load. The reason why I do not use the other system fans ("System Fan 4" and "System Fan 5") is that they were just too loud (with all 3 system fans plugged in the fan control did not work, too). I don't have CPU fans because I use passive coolers, so cpu fans wouldn't fit.

Anyways it would be nice to be able to control the fan speed of the system fans even without having CPU fans.

I am sorry if I wasted your time by not giving you all information I had.

Tsoj

0 Kudos
ttsoj
Novice

Hi,

are you still working on the problem or is it not solvable?

Tsoj.

0 Kudos