Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Why does The Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 control panel window pop up not disappear anymore on the startup of windows 10?

rgota
Novice

I just updated to the latest Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, and I noticed that on restart or start up, the Intel Turbo Boost ... control panel window does not minimize anymore and is open in the desktop screen.

After looking into the options, I didn't see anything that allowed me to set this to minimize on startup. Every time my box boots up I have to manually minimize/close this window.

The version of ITBM is:

Application:

Driver:

86 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ridethewhirlwinds,

I understand that Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 does not minimize anymore.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

I would like you to try reinstalling the application. Please go to Programs and Features in Control Panel, uninstall the application, restart the computer, and then reinstall newer version from this link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

Let me know if issue persists or not.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

Hi Fred,

I've uninstalled the previous version and downloaded and ran the new version.

I then restarted and the same problem still persists, the dashboard does not minimize on it's own.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ridethewhirlwinds,

I am sorry to hear issue persists after updating the Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

If possible try uninstalling the Windows 10* Fall Creator Update and check if our latest Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application works fine or not.

Please let me know if our latest Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application works fine or not without the Windows 10* Fall Creator Update.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

Yes, this is related to the latest Windows 10* Fall Creator Update, version 1709.

I did not have this issue prior to this update.

0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

Fred,

Is there a proper way of installing the latest Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application?

The only steps I took were the following:

- uninstalled the previous version

- downloaded the latest version from your link

- unzipped the file and ran the .exe file

Is this the proper way of installing this? It seems to load automatically now on restart and reboot on it's own.

**Edit: Nevermind, I uninstalled it and did a right click install on the .inf file, rebooted and no change, it still pops up and doesn't minimize. Also happens on a fresh start as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ridethewhirlwinds,

I am sorry you are still having issues with Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology application.

There are no special steps to reinstall the application. You just need to uninstall the application, restart the computer, and then reinstall latest version.

Let me do further research and come back to you. I will post information on this forum thread as soon as I have it available.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ridethewhirlwinds,

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Would you please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
MDäde
Beginner

Here it is.

But it was only fixed for one restart. Then the problem was as before. Pop after restart not minmized to system tray.

0 Kudos
DPai
Beginner

I'm having the same issue on my primary desktop computer. I've ran the System Support Utility and attached the results so that you can hopefully resolve this issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rgota
Novice

Thanks guys for confirming, I'm not the only one with this issue.

hipaid

AndroDawton

0 Kudos
ROstr1
Beginner

Exactly the same issue for me as well. Just started happening with the most recent Windows 10 update.

0 Kudos
JSima1
Novice

Same problem here too. same window s version. Latest intel turbo boost software. On Alienware Area 51 R4, i9-7980XE cpu.

0 Kudos
MMaie5
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for patience, as previously stated, we have been trying to replicate this issue in our test lab however, so far all tests show that the ITBM 3.0 screen does minimize correctly on a clean Windows 10* RS3 installation.

We would like to reach out to you, since it is in our interest to get this issue fixed, and gather some additional information from your systems. For the ones that have not attached Intel® System Support Utility, is it possible for you to share that report with us?

Has anybody else besides illuminati tried clean installation of Windows 10*?

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
IIanJ
Beginner

If you read th original post you will see that the problem is not that the window will not minimise. It is that this has to be done every time Windows starts.

0 Kudos
MMaie5
Beginner

I'm a music producer and I also work in video, graphics and 3D. I have absolutely no time to rebuild my computer with its many programs and plugins. This bug will probably be easy to reproduce. There are many people with the same problem.

I start the PC and the ITBM 3.0 screen does not minimize correctly itself...

THX for your H E L P!

0 Kudos
YZhan75
Beginner

Hello, here is mine.

And I must emphasize that such issue occured in my Windows 10 1709 both clean instal and upgraded from 1703.

0 Kudos
DF1
Beginner

Hello There,

I was using this version that came with the ASUS MB: PRIME X299-A, The application version with the Intel Turbo boost was 1.0.1.6 and the driver version is: 1.0.01027. After following the link for the download as provided by Intel, Basically it is still the same version and no change., This problem is going on for more then 2 months.

Intel needs to do something about it.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Doron

The Farber Consulting Group, Inc.
0 Kudos
MDäde
Beginner

I had the same issue after the Fall Update. After updating to 1001033 it was still popping up. I noticed that it was popping up on startup, then disappearing like it should but popping up again. So I tryed to deinstall it. Did the deinstall, reboot -> BUT! It is now working.

It is still listed as installed with the date from today Picture:

And it is now minimized after startup.

Very strange.

0 Kudos
MOliv8
Beginner

I installed Windows 10 Home (it is not the Fall Creator update) and all hardware drivers in a new machine and then, since the first boot the "Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0" window appears on desktop on every startup and I always have to close it manually.

I don't want to uninstall it because it is recommended to have installed on my system.

How to avoid this window to open since it is a software that runs on background ?

0 Kudos