1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 9:47 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

How to update/remove VGA standard and install chipset

Musa2

So i uninstalled Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family from display adapters and tried to install it again from intel website, but even after installing it from there website it still says VGA Standard and now my graphics are worse than windows xp.

I went to this website: Downloads for Graphics Drivers for Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

I have windows 7 32 bit. i installed both the media accelerator and INF but still i have VGA, i even uninstalled VGA then installed the INF file but nothing.

Please Help, i cant do anything on this laptop now.

• 1. Re: How to update/remove VGA standard and install chipset
          N.Scott.Pearson

You mention Mobile and 4 Series, from which I will presume you are talking about a (very old) laptop. For laptop devices, it is recommended that you use the graphics driver that is provided by your laptop manufacturer. Using the generic graphics driver from Intel is not always going to be supported by a laptop (so many have a hybrid solution with non-Intel graphics solution included).

When you say "VGA Standard", what do you mean? Are you saying that it is using the Standard VGA Driver? This is likely an indication that you indeed do have a non-Intel graphics solution included and thus need a driver other than Intel's. Again, consult the manufacturer's drivers page for your laptop.

Hope this helps,

...S