13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 2:54 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC7i3BNK screen flickering (1680x1050, 59 or 60hz)

MikTo

Hi,

After purchasing a NUC7i3BNK for my aunt as a desktop replacement (only some light internet and office work) I installed the NUC on my LG IPS277l (1920x1080) via HDMI. No issues so far.

Unfortunately when installing the NUC at my aunt's screen (a Dell professional 2009W 20" screen with DVI-D and VGA connections) on the NUC's HDMI port with a HDMI to DVI cable the screen starts flickering in certain circumstances.

After some troubleshooting I noticed it only occurs so far on the 1680x1050 resolution (59 or 60hz doesn't make a difference) which is the recommended resolution for this screen. When setting the monitor to a lower resolution it doesn't occur so far.

I believe after reading the forum topics about screen flickering/dropouts that it is a driver related problem, since on other resolutions everything is ok so cables etc. should be fine.

I have already installed the most recent bios (0052) and updated the nuc to all the most recent drivers via the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Then I tried the recommended older display driver in the main screen flickering topic (4771) and the HDMI 2.0 firmware update, but the flickering is still there.

(just to be clear, the screen stays ON all the time, it just glitches so no black screen on/off as reported with some 4k monitors)

I have uploaded a video of the problem:

NUC7i3BNK screen flickering - YouTube

Hope there is a solution for this problem, thank you in advance for looking into it.

Mik