5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2017 7:12 AM by hitworld

Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT

hitworld

Hello,

I have been using Intel system studio IoT IDE with docker to do development for some time. Usually, in the project explorer in eclipse, all included files are listed under Includes label, and I can expand the path and open all the header files even though they are in docker container. However, now I find I cannot open those include file path anymore and there are question marks marked in all the included header files in my code. It looks like this in the picture below.  Eclipse reminds me "unresolved inclusion". But I am still able to build the project without any problem. Have anyone encountered this problem before?

eclipseScreenshot.png

• 1. Re: Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hitworld,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Edison Compute Module.

Those kind of messages are usually due to a missing library, either because the file is not installed or because it was moved.

You mention that the “unresolved inclusion” does not affect the project building. Do you perceive any issue related to that message? Has your project been affected in any way?

Also, are you using the latest version of the software (https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/tools-ide/ide/iss-iot-edition)? I suggest you to reinstall ISS, and get back to me if the issue persists or if you consider that it interferes with your project.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Andres V.

• 2. Re: Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT
            hitworld

Hi Andres,

thank you for your quick reply. I confirm there is no missing library or file. I can still build the project without any error message. The only effect is I cannot open declaration of the header files in eclipse. I guess the reason why "unresolved inclusion" doesn't affect project building is that ISS uses the docker container to build the project instead of building the files locally, and the "include" path in the container is correct, thus GCC in the container is able to find all included files in container system and manages to build them. I also doubt the "unresolved inclusion" could because the ISS IDE doesn't have the authority to access the files in the container, thus it cannot open and display them. I am not sure if I think in correct way or not. I haven't tried re-install ISS, I will do it later and give you feedback.

• 3. Re: Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hitworld,

I think you state a very plausible hypothesis, although, in your first comment you also mentioned that you used to be able to expand the path and open all the header files. This implies that the restriction to access the container was established at some point, it just isn’t clear how it happened. Still, this is a possibility that should not be discarded just yet.

I’ll be waiting for you to perform the suggested reinstallation.

If you have any update or another question, don’t hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Regards,
              Andres V.

• 4. Re: Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT
                hitworld

Hi Andres,

I did the reinstallation but it doesn't help. I set the dev environment in two laptops, the one installed on my own laptop works fine, another one is installed on my work laptop which is getting this problem. I compared the settings of the two, they are exactly the same. At first, I thought there might be other people who also encountered this issue, but it seems it's only me that got this strange issue. I know there could be such problems happening that are hard to locate, e.g., my reinstallation was not so smooth, I got this problem (Intel System Studio IoT Edition not installing  ) and the final solution was to reboot the laptop several times and retry. I decide to just let it go, because I think time should not be wasted in solving this kind of issue with docker and IDE.

Thank you so much for your help!

• 5. Re: Cannot open includes files in docker from Intel system studio IoT
                  hitworld

Hello Andres,

I have an update on this thread. I tried updating the docker on another PC and the issue happened again after the update, then I realized it was due to the update of docker. For some reason, after docker updating itself, ISS cannot access the Includes path in the container. I am not familiar with docker so I did a clean reinstallation of docker and ISS again, now the problem is solved. This takes quite a lot of time but anyway it works. If someone has a quick solution please let me know. Otherwise, I suggest not update docker.