Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 was working, and now no.

CCast13
Beginner

I was working perfectly with SR300, and today the camera explorer doesn't recognize the camera, i've tried with another SR300 and nothing happens. Also i've tried in another pc and works, do you think, would be a hardware issue or a update issue, i have windows 10 1607. When i try to reinstall in my PC the DCM throws the error 3d cam isn't detected, and with the other SR300 runs without error.

PS1: It's only with SR300, with the R200 there's no problem

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Usually if a camera works fine for a while and then suddenly stops working, it is due to something that has updated in Windows.

I recently posted a method I used for getting my own non-working SR300 working that you may be interested in.

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

I've tried with my smartphone, but still no recognized, thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ok, thanks. Next, can you please check the 'Imaging Devices' section of your Windows Device Manager to see if there are three SR300 drivers there - RGB, Depth and Virtual Driver

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

When i had the problem was the RGB and Depth, but no the Virtual Driver, i've tried with a thread that says uninstall the drivers, now i have the Depth Driver and another one named USB video device

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An SR300 will have trouble functioning if the Virtual Driver is not present. I would recommend repeating the uninstall technique, making sure that you uninstall both the Depth driver and the USB Video one. Then unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds and plug the camera back in.

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

it remains with the usb video and depth driver

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I understand how frustrating this process is. Thanks so much for your patience.

If the unplug-replug uninstall process has not worked, the next step I would take is to uninstall the drivers once again. this time though, do not unplug the camera. Instead, download and run the SR300's DCM driver installation program.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

I tried also that, but the result is the same, doesn't end the installation because isn't detected the camera

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Unfortunately we are running out of options. The prime candidate for the cause of your problems is the missing drivers. This removal of the drivers may in turn have been caused by a Windows update. Since the camera works on your other PC, this would tend to add strength to the likelihood of the problem being with Windows and not with the camera.

Many people have found that using a mains-powered USB hub with their computer, and plugging the camera into the hub instead of directly into the PC, has fixed their camera detection problems. These are available for around $15 from stores such as amazon by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'.

You may find it easier though just to use the camera with the PC that it works with.

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

Do you know about incompatibilities with the fall creators update?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Reports about the Fall Creators update are mixed. A user has been posting about how they have had consistent success with their SR300 with the Preview builds leading up to the Fall Creators Update. Somebody else said though that these recent builds did not solve their problem.

This 'works for some people but not for others' scenario has been characteristic of the problems with the SR300 and camera detection. Even working with Microsoft for months, Intel were not able to find a solution for the problem because there does not seem to be a single definite cause. It would be easier to write a fix for it if there was a single cause.

0 Kudos
CCast13
Beginner

I've reinstalled windows, even with all the updates the camera works and there's any problem. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos