Thank you for joining the Intel Communities.
I understand you are receiving this error message, but we can certainly check on it and look for a possible solution.
Please do the following and let me know how the system behaves afterward:
- Open Cortana.
- Enter cmd in there to open up the command prompt.
- Enter cd desktop (For this step the work, after you unzip the files, please save the chipset.exe on the desktop).
- After that enter: setupchipset.exe -overall.
This is the driver to be used: http://intel.ly/1XQWXZj
I did exactly as you suggested and i am unfortunately getting the same result?
I have attached a .png file of all the specs of my system to give you a better understanding and hopefully you can advise further?
MySystem01.png 114.5 K
After doing the required research I found the following troubleshooting.
- Make sure you have latest BIOS version
- Download latest Chipset Driver Version
NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
How to install the chipset driver?
- Using CMD dialogbox, Press Windows Key+ R, open CMD then click on Browse look for the SetupChipset.exe file that you just downloaded from the OEM Motherboard's website
- Leave a space and enter -overall command. Start by saying OK
- Restart the computer when installation is finished
Please let me know if the issue can be resolved.