Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

HD Graphics 4000: desktop does not fit on screen

FGale1
Beginner

Windows 10. Using Digital Television as 2nd monitor. Best resolution is 1360 x 768 (tried every possible resolution). When I try to adjust using Customize Aspect Ration, I go down to 0 and 0 but the desktop still extends beyond the screen.

I installed latest driver:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Report Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Report Time [hh:mm:ss]: 9:56:59 PM

Driver Version: 10.18.10.4653

Operating System: Windows* 10 Home (10.0.15063)

Default Language: English (United States)

Installed DirectX* Version: 12.0

Supported DirectX* Version: 11.0

Shader Version: 5.0

OpenGL* Version: 4.0

OpenCL* Version: 1.2

Physical Memory: 12177 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz

Processor Speed: 2594 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0166

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Check the options on your TV.

Doc

0 Kudos
FGale1
Beginner

All options on TV have been checked. It's an Insignia brand an I checked their site. Per their support site, all control is driven by the PC when operating via HDMI input. Was working fine, or at least not experiencing this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FiClub_Frank,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with custom resolution and your television connected via an Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller.

Per your post, I suppose that you are using an HDMI® connection. Are you using any kind of adapters or splitters to connect the television?

What you can try in this case to confirm if the issue persists is to install the graphics driver provided by the computer manufacturer instead of the generic driver provided by Intel®. This suggestion is to be able to activate all the graphics features set by the manufacturer for your computer.

Please try with the driver from the manufacturer and let us know the results.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FiClub_Frank,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos