11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 3:14 PM by Intel Corporation

Can't install the last drivers after Microsoft's Fall Update

adieux1

So, i decided to update my laptop to the last update that microsoft launched today. When i got into Windows, i immediately noticed something wrong: the screen was in 1366x768 while my native resolution is 1920x1080 through a VGA to another monitor. I decided to check the Intel HD Graphics details in Device Manager and the driver was outdated (11-11-2016). Decided to update them and download the .exe for the last drivers [15.47], it didn't work and got famous "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer" and blah blah. So.. I decided to install them manually since it happened before, downloaded the .zip, created a new folder and place them there. Searched for the .inf file through the "manual" system of installing drivers and it didn't work too, i was surprised. Got the following error: "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install Intel(R) HD Graphics 520. This operation returned because the timeout period expired". So yeah, i'm stuck with old drivers from 2016 and can't install the newer ones, before the microsoft's updated i had the last update [15.46]

Specs:

Laptop: Lenovo v310 (Lenovo always old drivers in their page)

CPU: Intel i3-6100u 2.3ghz

GPU: HD Graphics 520