Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Can't install the last drivers after Microsoft's Fall Update

SAdie
Beginner

So, i decided to update my laptop to the last update that microsoft launched today. When i got into Windows, i immediately noticed something wrong: the screen was in 1366x768 while my native resolution is 1920x1080 through a VGA to another monitor. I decided to check the Intel HD Graphics details in Device Manager and the driver was outdated (11-11-2016). Decided to update them and download the .exe for the last drivers [15.47], it didn't work and got famous "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer" and blah blah. So.. I decided to install them manually since it happened before, downloaded the .zip, created a new folder and place them there. Searched for the .inf file through the "manual" system of installing drivers and it didn't work too, i was surprised. Got the following error: "Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install Intel(R) HD Graphics 520. This operation returned because the timeout period expired". So yeah, i'm stuck with old drivers from 2016 and can't install the newer ones, before the microsoft's updated i had the last update [15.46]

Specs:

Laptop: Lenovo v310 (Lenovo always old drivers in their page)

CPU: Intel i3-6100u 2.3ghz

GPU: HD Graphics 520

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Work off this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 520 until you find a working driver.

Then you can probably install the latest one on top.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello adieux1,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities. I understand that you are facing some troubles related to the graphics drivers on your system.

We can certainly work on that to get it installed.

Please download this file: http://intel.ly/2z2RYw7 http://intel.ly/2z2RYw7

Then follow these steps to get the driver installed:

1. Extract the .zip file downloaded

2. Access the device manager and look for display adapters (double-click on it, you should be able to see an Intel(R) HD Graphics adapter or Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

3. Right-click and select update driver for Intel HD Graphics

4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

5. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6. Click on "Have Disk" and find the extracted folder of the driver downloaded

7. Go to "Graphics" folder within driver folder and select the **igdlh64.inf** file and hit open then ok

8. Select Intel HD Graphics XXX under "model" and hit next

They have been reproduced here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY

If additional questions are present, let me know.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SAdie
Beginner

Yeah, i tried that already when i mentioned the "manually" part. I have done that method before so i was confused when i couldn't install them.

And also tried installing the older ones and didn't work either.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for reporting back, adieux1

I am sorry to hear you were not able to install it with the steps provide, maybe you can try to follow these pictures that I just created.

Please do remember this has to be done after the files were extracted from the .zip folder you downloaded from

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SAdie
Beginner

Did exactly those steps and nothing happened since i already tried that method The list still reduces to only one option, like in the 9th photo.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, adieux1

What happens when you hit the "Next" button once you get that driver on the list?

Are you getting any sort of error message? If so, what is the message received?

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SAdie
Beginner

It says "Installing Drivers" and takes more time than the usual, even 30mins since i extended the timeout period (1800seg). I will attach the error.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand.

What happens if you disconnect the system from the internet connection and then follow these steps:

-Access the device manager (you can use windows start search to find it)

-Look for Display adapters double click on it

-Right click on your Intel® HD Graphics and hit properties

-Go to driver tab and hit uninstall

-Select "Delete the driver software for this device"

After that, restart the system and finally, install the driver with the steps provided above once more.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
SAdie
Beginner

Did those steps carefully, disconnected from internet and uninstalled the drivers but once i restarted the system i no longer had a "Display adapters" settings in Device Manager so i can't do the manual setup through the .zip. Tried with the .exe though and had the problem that i will attach, also will attach the files on my Device Manager.

0 Kudos
SAdie
Beginner

So far, i downloaded the .exe for the 15.47 ver. since the one for the 15.45 wasn't working and it opened the Intel Installation Framework, it says "installing driver" but it's been like that for 2 hours or something.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for reporting back, adieux1

I am sorry to hear by that time you were not able to get the driver installed.

How is the system working right now? Were you able to get the 15.47 installed?

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos