4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 1:58 AM by D.KIRCALI

BIOS reset

D.KIRCALI

I am using Ubuntu 16.04. USB 3 camera was being detected as USB2, so I was trying BIOS settings to solve it.

I have disabled xHCI mode, it disabled only USB connection available. It is not detecting keyboard so I can't go back to BIOS to revert the settings or boot from USB to flash an official BIOS release to revert the changes.

Board boots directly to Ubuntu 16.04 then I can use remote desktop/ssh to control it from another PC.

1. I have tried putting .fv file in /boot folder. Nothing happens it goes directly (boots) to Ubuntu
      2. I can go to the first BIOS screen by typing this command from Ubuntu:
        systemctl reboot --firmware-setup
        However as no keyboard is detected I can not go any further

I really don't understand why there is no switch/jumper to reset bios.

Is there any way to reset the BIOS?

• 1. Re: BIOS reset
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi D.KIRCALI,

Thank you for reaching out, to better assist you I need additional information. 

• What Bios version are you using?
          • Are you using the Aero RTF Drone or Aero Compute Board?
          Regards,
          Jesus
          • 2. Re: BIOS reset
            D.KIRCALI

Hi Jesus

• I am using Aero Compute Board
            • Not sure about the Bios version. First Bios screen displays this information:
              • CherryTrail
              • Intel(R) Atom(TM) x7-Z8750 CPU @ 1.60GHz
              • Aero-01.00. 12_Prod

I hope this info is sufficient.

Regards

Dogan

• 3. Re: BIOS reset
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Dogan,

Try to update the Bios again with the same version you currently have installed with the commands below. I tested them with the Aero standard image, for Ubuntu you may need to install the rpm with the alien tool. 

wget https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26500/eng/capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm
              rpm -ivh aero-bios-01.00.13-r1.corei7_64.rpm
              reboot

Please keep in mind that Ubuntu is currently not supported on Aero. Hope this info helps!

Regards,
              Jesus 

• 4. Re: BIOS reset
                D.KIRCALI

Dear Jesus

From the link that you give "capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm" is downloaded

as there is no file such "aero-bios-01.00.13-r1.corei7_64.rpm", I believe I need to use this command:

rpm -ivh capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm

as a result I get this message:

rpm: RPM should not be used directly install RPM packages, use Alien instead!

rpm: However assuming you know what you are doing...

warning: capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 31f7927c: NOKEY

Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]

package capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64 is intended for a different architecture

I also tried:

sudo alien -i capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm

and the result:

warning: capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 31f7927c: NOKEY

capsule-01.00.12-r0.core2_64.rpm is for architecture core2_64 ; the package cannot be built on this system

I also found "aero-bios-01.00.13-r1.corei7_64.rpm" and tried the rpm and alien as before, the result is the same. Any further suggestions?

I know that Ubuntu is not supported but my problem is that, I can not reset the bios to its factory settings.