4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 9:13 PM by candice555

Arduino  manual uploading

candice555

Hi , I want to upload the arduino *.elf file by manual, just use the compile function of arduino ide .

1. What file need i upload to sketch folder ?   "Blink.ino.elf "  ? (such as Blink example) , because when i click the verify button, this file will generate .

2. And what operation need i do ?  Rename the "Blink.ino.elf" to "sketch.elf" ?    Because the format of this two file is different . 

3. And what operation need i do to execute it ?  If i did the order "./sketch.elf " , there is a error "-sh: ./sketch.elf : no such file or directory "

best regards  

• 1. Re: Arduino  manual uploading
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Candice555,

Thanks for reaching out.

I remember that another user asked a similar question some time ago, but using the Edison board, he was suggested to follow these steps:

1. Move the .elf file to /sketch using WinSCP, just like you did.
          2. Open PuTTY and connect to the Edison through SSH.
          3. Once you have access to the Edison's console, go to the directory /sketch and write the following command to give executable permissions to the file: chmod +x sketch.elf 
          4. Then run the sketch with this command: ./sketch.elf foo bar &. Your sketch should run now.

I suggest you to try it and let me know if you have any questions. Here you can find more details about that discussion: Upload Arduino Sketch to Edison Arduino Wirelessly using Wifi.

Hope you find this information useful.

Regards,
          -Yermi A.

• 2. Re: Arduino  manual uploading
            candice555

Hi -Yermi A ,

I am appreciate you for you help.

This topic you mentioned i have seen it yet. But when i did the fourth step the error "-sh: ./sketch.elf : no such file or directory"  occured. The sketch did not run.

By the way , whether i need  upload the "Blink.ino.elf" (such as the blink example) file to the /sketch or not , or other file ?  And i need to rename this "Blink.ino.elf" to "sketch.elf" is it right ? 

best regards

• 3. Re: Arduino  manual uploading
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Candice,

It is not necessary to rename the file, but you can if you prefer. Please make sure you are copying the .elf file located at …%temp%\arduino_build_<number>, and use the .elf file name to run the sketch ./<file_name> foo bar &

Regards,
              -Yermi A.

• 4. Re: Arduino  manual uploading
                candice555

Thank you so much. It can run now .

best regards