Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Documentation for custom resolution settings for GMA HD (core i5)

idata
Employee

I purchased a system with an i5 processsor and win7 that I am trying to get to work with a monitor with a low resolution. I cannot suppot higher than 800x600. I have documentation for the monitor that gives me scan per., sync pulse, front porch, active vid., and back porch values in us (for horizontal) and ms (for vertical) units. But I cannot tell what units the driver wants under the advanced page on the Custom resolutions tab of the driver.

Does anyone know what units I should use or have a manual for the driver?

Thanks,

-Patrick

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Did the monitor manufacturer provided a driver CD?

After you install the drivers it should recognize all the supported resolutions.

PV.

idata
Employee

It's an arcade monitor (Wells- Gardner D9800). so no .INF file of EDID data that I am aware of. I just have resoluton setting information for various resolutions that look something like:

Scan freq. 15.725kH 60.018Hz

scan per. 63.594us 16.662ms

sync pulse 4.688us 0.191ms

front porch 2.187us 0.190ms

active vid. 50.00us 15.263ms

back porch 6.719us 1.018ms

sync polarity ( - ) ( - )

The advanced screen I mentioned has blank fields for settings with the same names, but I have no info on the units it wants (no decimal point accepted) and my trial and error has not worked so well.

MScri2
Beginner

were you ever able to resolve this? I have the exact same problem. Monitor works with Standard VGA driver, but not with the Intel HD Graphics drivers installed, no matter what I try.

0 Kudos