we have bought around 80x Intel NUC7i7BNH for our company, all with the same configuration and all with the same customized basic-installation of windows 10 Professional.
- Intel NUC7i7BNH
- 256GB m.2 SATA-SSD Samsung MZNLN256HMHQ PM871a
- 1x 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM Samsung M471A2K43BB1-CPB
- BIOS-Version 0052
We have problems with several freezing NUCs, some working fine (SSU Example: NUC_OK.zip) and some just freezing (SSU Example: NUC_fail.zip).
For more understanding, I mean a system that just stop working with a freezed screen, non functioning mouse and keyboard and no reaction on the power button unless I press it for 10 seconds to hard reset it.
- We installed the systems after updateing the BIOS to version 0048 and later to 0052.
- I "cross-changed" the peripheries (RAM, SSD, PSU) between my both testing machines the freezing was always on the same System
- I installed a Crucial MX200 m.2 SSD instead with the same freezing again
- we recognized that the systems only freezed, when the automatized McAfee-Antivirus fullscan of the system (McAfee Enterprise 8.8) was running and with that run the prozessor ist at 85-100% load, but ...
... 1. the "OK"-System have a lower workload with ~60-90% as mentioned don't freeze
... 2. without that active scan but with active On-Access-Scanner, with AIDA stresstest (CPU at 100%) the System is stable
... 3. without that active scan but with active On-Access-Scanner, with AIDA stresstest (CPU at 100%) AND several copyjobs the System is freezing after a short period
... 4. without that active scan but with DEACTIVATED On-Access-Scanner, with AIDA stresstest (CPU at 100%) AND several copyjobs the System is stable
... 5. now I deactivated Hyperthreading in BIOS and the freezings are gone
Now I am totally confused because it seems that it is no thermal problem, no SSD problem, no memory problem, no McAfee problem nor a combination of it, especially since the known hyperthreading-issue should be fixed with BIOS version 0047
I am not sure how much of our Systems are affected since not every user is reporting properly or sees that problem as the same because we have the BSOD-problem too when the System send the monito to sleep and do not wake it up again (except the energie-savings are deactivated).
btw. I obliterated the IP-Informations in the SSU-Files.
I appreciate some help and/or informations about that issue.
With kind regards DarkTapo