2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2017 12:47 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

NUC Skull Slow WiFi Download Speeds

bradonomics

The internet speeds to my house are 50 Mbps down/up. I'm getting only around 25-30 Mbps down to my NUC Skull. The upload speeds are in the high 40s as expected. (This is all via WiFi.)

Any ideas what would cause the slower download speeds?

I saw another thread with a similar issue. I've followed some trouble shooting steps advised there:

Model: NUC Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK
      Operating System: Ubuntu 17.04

• 1. Re: NUC Skull Slow WiFi Download Speeds
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® NUC communities and for providing that file. We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working as expected.

As you mentioned previously, in order to try to fix this problem a BIOS update to the latest version is recommended. Remember that the USB flash drive needs to be formatted in FAT32 and the .BIO file should be the only file on it. If after doing that still the .BIO file is not showing, then if you have the option please try the same procedure with a different USB flash drive. Also you can use any of the methods showing on the link below:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005636/boards-and-kits.html

In order to better assist you just to confirm:
          Did it work fine before?
          Is the wireless connection synchronous or asynchronous?
          For testing purposes, do you have the option to test the wireless connection with a different computer, maybe a laptop? This is just to verify if the problem persists with a different unit.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R

• 2. Re: NUC Skull Slow WiFi Download Speeds
            N.Scott.Pearson

Try reformatting the USB drive on a Windows-based PC and, if necessary, without using the QUICK option. First of all, the formatting tools for Linux have been found to not be 100% compatible with the FAT32 file system. Secondly, doing a full reformat has been found to be successful in getting some drives working properly. It may take a long time to finish the reformat if it's a USB2 drive.

Hope this helps,

...S