This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you for joining the Processors Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the frequency of your processor.
I noticed that the BIOS version installed is not the latest for your system, so I recommend installing the latest for your system since it might address this behavior, please find it below. I would also like to confirm if you have updated the drivers mentioned there too, I know you mentioned that you updated all of them, but l'd like to confirm that.
- BIOS Version 7978vCA: http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7978vCA.zip
- Intel Chipset Driver: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/intel_chipse_9_w10.zip
- Intel ME FW Update tool: http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/intel_me_fw_update.zip
Also, please respond to the following questions, these will help us to have a better look at this matter;
- When did the issue start?
- Did you make any recent hardware or software changes?
- If possible provide a screenshot of the Task Manager view.
Please let me know how it goes.
I used MSI Live Update but it doesn't notify me about these drivers. Anyway, I've installed all 3 updates that you have mentioned.
To answer your questions:
. The issue started on 4th October (1 week ago). I noticed it has happened about 3 times since then.
. No hardware or major software changes
. I will provide you the screenshot when this happens again.
Since the issue occurs randomly, I'll need to check for a few days or weeks to see if the update has solved it or not. I will update with you then.
October 4th would coincide with Microsoft's Windows Update service applying its latest set of updates. I suggest that you look at the update log and see what updates have been installed since October 3rd.
Hope this helps,