3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 3:17 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel and Powerdvd17 no audio

orby

HI there

i have been trying to figure out who needs to fix the no audio and HDR problem in powerdvd17(there latest patch of today doesn't fix it), every WDDM 2.2 driver i have tried fails to produce audio when in full screen HDr mode  including the 15.46.5.4771_BN  which fixes 4k 60hz on intel nucs which i have in powerdvd 17 and only WDDM2.1 drivers will work,

• 1. Re: Intel and Powerdvd17 no audio
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello orby

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities. I understand you would like to get the audio and HDR working as desired, and we can certainly check on this looking for a possible solution or source of the problem.

I would like to get some data from the system to have a better overview of the scenario you have now.

Please provide the following information:

• What is the configuration you have? is the system connected to an AVR or directly to the TV?
          • What types of cables are being used? (HDMI, DisplayPort, other)
          • Are you using any sort of adapters? If so, what are the brand and model?
          • Do you happen to remember the versions of the drivers tested so far?
          • Attach the Intel(R) SSU report to your answer

Also, would you please further elaborate on the issue related to HDR? What is the system's behavior?

What is the problem faced with audio? Is it missing, does it have latency issues?

How to get the Intel(R) SSU report?

1. Download the tool: http://intel.ly/2pQj9Kk
          2. Scan the system
          3. Save the report
          4. Attach it to your answer

Thanks,
          Esteban C

• 2. Re: Intel and Powerdvd17 no audio
            orby

HI there

will upload the ssu report soon as i can but remaining info request

set up is Nu7I7BNK to arcam avr 550 to panasonic DX902b

HDMi cables throughout and no adapters

drivers i can list from info gained at work

windows is currently redstone 3, installed in hopes might see improvement but the same as having RS2 installed

15.45.18.4664, HDR works and so does Audio

15.45.19.4678 HDR works and so does Audio

15.46.02.4729 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.4.4749 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.05.4771 HDR works Audio does not

15.46.5.4771_BN HDR works Audio does not

15.47.02.4815 HDR works Audio does not

the problem i am facing is using any driver other than a WDDM 2.1 version i get no audio at all when trying to watch 4k movies through powerdvd 17 when full screen HDR mode is enabled, it also does not switch to 24P mode but that i suspect is down to powerdvd

it will also not play audio with any driver if powerdvd has to change the  refresh rate from 24p to 60p from testing in hopes that it would stay 24P

• 3. Re: Intel and Powerdvd17 no audio
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you for reporting back with the information, it is really useful!

I do want to check the SSU report from your system so I will keep this thread handy to get that report.

If additional questions are present, feel free to add them to your answer.

Thanks,
              Esteban C