Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

I219-V 22.7.1 Ethernet Drivers not installing

CLear
Beginner

This is tearing me apart mentally.

An issue arose yesterday where my Internet was permanently listed as 'Limited', I've tried everything to right it, I've uninstalled & reinstalled Drivers (Despite the question,) I've used command prompts to flush my IP & DNS. It turned out my issue was because my Drivers were outdated.

Now for the annoying part-

No matter which version of the Network Adapter Driver I install, it always reverts to version 12.15.22.6 from April last year, the installation instructions are pointless at this point as nothing changes, I need to be pointed in the right direction before I take my PC in to get looked at.

I just want to get my work done, it should not be this hard to fix such a minute problem.

The problem with my Ethernet started yesterday after I gave Administrator access to my Normal PC account, after that Windows Apps kept requesting an Internet Connection to work, it baffled me as I was currently on YouTube as I let it load, I looked to my bottom right corner to see that my Ethernet icon had disappeared, turns out my Internal IP & DNS had disappeared & my PC doesn't know what to do with itself as it keeps listing version 12.15.22.6 as the most recent version of the Driver (in the pic I provide below.)

Thanks in advance to those who help out.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Bobsy,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Community.

I will move your thread to the right community site for more support regarding this matter.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bobsy,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Our drivers are contained in the software package, If you downloaded version 22.7.1 that is the software version, the driver version is not the same version as the software version and the version number are smaller.

With regards to the limited access, you might want to double check if you are getting IP address from the router where your NIC is connected. Try to check the router setting or plug the cable to other port on the router (in case there is).

Since you are using an onboard NIC, please get in touch with the board vendor for the customized driver as it is recommended still to use the driver provided from the board vendor.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bobsy,

Please feel free to update me. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos