1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 2:40 PM by Intel Corporation

2560x1440 on HD 4600

KAPACbwork

Good day.

I cannot set display resolution.

My monitor can use 2560x1440 60 Hz:

1.JPG

But there are no such position in resolution list:

2.JPG

• 1. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
          Stefan3D

The prime, or optimal, display mode for the Dell U2713HM monitor is listed as 2560 x 1440 Dots per Inch (DPI) at 60Hz. This maximum resolution is only available using either the DisplayPort or DVI dual-link inputs.

The following list shows the available inputs on the Dell U2713HM monitor and the maximum resolution for each:

1. DisplayPort: 2560 x 1440 DPI at 60Hz
          2. Dual-link DVI: 2560 x 1440 DPI at 60Hz
          3. VGA: 2048 x 1152 DPI at 60Hz
          4. HDMI: 1920 x 1080 DPI at 60Hz

source: Maximum resolution available on the Dell U2713HM monitor | Dell US

• 2. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
            KAPACbwork

You are right. But !

I use passive cable from HDMI-out on mainboard to DVI-in on monitor. Because of that system tell us about HDMI interface.

This configuration is 100% work, I can set 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz in this system in this monitor, but after Windows10 was updated (with updating HD Graphics Driver) this ability disappeared.

• 3. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello KAPACbwork,

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities. I understand you would like to get 2560x1440 with your system, we can check on that for sure.

If the video port used is HDMI, as per the information provided by the other user, the resolution doable is 1920x1080.

If the system was working differently before the update, please check with Dell support team to find out why this happened since their monitor is working differently.

You can also install the latest graphics driver for the system, check links below:

For Windows 10* only: http://intel.ly/2wo6Gx8

For Windows 7 and 8.1: http://intel.ly/2uiYygm

If you face troubles while installing the driver, please follow these steps to install it:

1. Extract the .zip file downloaded
              2. Access the device manager and look for display adapters (double-click on it, you should be able to see an Intel(R) HD Graphics adapter or Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
              3. Right-click and select update driver for Intel HD Graphics
              4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
              5. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
              6. Click on "Have Disk" and find the extracted folder of the driver downloaded
              7. Go to "Graphics" folder within driver folder and select the **igdlh64.inf** file and hit open then ok
              8. Select Intel HD Graphics XXX under "model" and hit next

Thanks,
              Esteban C

• 4. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                Intel Corporation

Hello KAPACbwork ,

This is to do a follow up to your case and find out if you were able to check my previous update and how it went as well.

Thanks,
                Esteban C

• 5. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                  KAPACbwork

I have told, that I downloaded new driver.

I have told, that my configuration is 100% work - I use it more than year.

Why I need to go to Dell ?  With any external videocard there are no problem with this monitor. All problems are in crazy Intel driver.

In previous system with intel graphics there were lots of problem with this monitor, but I solved them with CRU (https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU ).

Now CRU cannot help me.

You have no need to tell me, how to unzip - I remember pkunzip command line in DOS.

You need to write correct working driver. What a trifle, is not it ?

• 6. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                    Intel Corporation

Thank you for the answer provided.

Please test the drivers from here and report back which works with your configuration to further investigate this matter: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600

Thanks,
                    Esteban C

• 7. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                      KAPACbwork

The third time I tell you - I did it already

Before write this post, I have download and installed this version of driver.

How many time I need to repeat this for you ?

• 8. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                        Intel Corporation

Sorry for the confusion, KAPACbwork

In this case I regret to inform you that I cannot assure the system will work with the resolution 2560x1440 because of the following:

• There is an adapter involved on the configuration, Intel(R) does not assure the proper functioning of the system while using adapters because the functionality depends on the adapter and how well it takes the video signal from one end to the other
                        • This is an out of spec configuration for your monitor, it supports up to 1920x1080 with HDMI, which is the resolution you are getting and the video port used (HDMI is the video port seen by the graphics adapter as per the scenario faced) You can provide the report from the link below to double check on that

Graphics report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Run the report, attach it to your answer.

Maybe you can try to remove the windows update and check the system's behavior.

Thanks,
                        Esteban C

• 9. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                          KAPACbwork

Good day.

>There is an adapter involved on the configuration

This is a rotten excuse and we both know about it.

When I use a DVI-DVI cable nothing changes.

>This is an out of spec configuration for your monitor, it supports up to 1920x1080 with HDMI

Do not tell me about HDMI nothing. The monitor uses DVI port. How many times I need to tell you this ?

• 10. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                            Intel Corporation

Thank you for the answer provided, KAPACbwork

Have you tried to create a custom resolution from the Intel(R) HD Graphics Control panel?

Have you tested the system after removing the Windows update? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-uninstall-and-reinstall-updates-windows-10

What is the brand and model of the computer you have? I would like to check some information on it. This can be provided with the dxdiag report

How to get the dxdiag report?

1. Press the windows key + r
                            2. Type dxdiag in the window that appears and hit ok
                            3. Look for the button "Save All Information" it will create the dxdiag.txt file
                            4. Attach the report to your answer

Thanks,
                            Esteban C

• 11. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                              KAPACbwork

Good day.

>Have you tried to create a custom resolution from the Intel(R) HD Graphics Control panel?

Yes, I have tried, but there was error "Custom Resolution Exceeds Maximum Bandwidth Capacity" and all tips to fix this error not helped to my case

>Have you tested the system after removing the Windows update?

It's very hard (=long) to do, my work cannot to allow to spend so lots of time.

>This can be provided with the dxdiag report

In attach

• 12. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600

Hello KAPACbwork,

There is a chance it could work, and it did for you. But I would say, it was a lucky shot and the reason why is this:

Intel Graphics Controllers do not support DVI Dual link connecters/adapters/dongles.

Now,  once said that, if you take a look at the monitor specs here: Maximum resolution available on the Dell U2713HM monitor | Dell Costa Rica it states that you can get up to  2560 x 1440 DPI at 60Hz with Dual-link DVI.

You also mentioned before that you are getting only Full HD : 1920x1080 which is completely right based on the monitor specs from link above: HDMI: 1920 x 1080 DPI at 60Hz.

So, what I'm trying to say is that the system is working fine and as it should but the problem here may not be the computer but the monitor. Here you have the processor Datasheet which includes the Graphics information and supported resolutions based on the ports you use. Check on page 35:

Desktop 4th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors Datasheet, Vol. 1

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Kevin M

• 13. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                                  Intel Corporation

Hello KAPACbwork,

Just wanted to follow up on your case and find out if you had further questions.

Thanks,
                                  Esteban C

• 14. Re: 2560x1440 on HD 4600
                                    KAPACbwork

All its so beautifull, but my configuration has worked fine near 1,5 year.

And it broke only after global (windows core and intel drivers) update.

1 2 Previous Next