6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2017 10:46 AM by N.Scott.Pearson

video-memory

Irje

For models NUC6i7KYK2 and BOXNUC7i7BNH what minimum and maximum memory may be use as video-memory?

• 1. Re: video-memory
          Al Hill
          2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: video-memory
            N.Scott.Pearson

Let me say this first: It is recommended that you do not change the minimum/maximum settings related to this within BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS). Doing so will NOT improve performance.

The (runtime) graphics driver dynamically controls the amount of memory that is be dedicated to graphics - and will allocate more (up to 50% of the total available memory) - if it is necessary.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 3. Re: video-memory
              lw1948

Hello Irje,

My advise is to leave default video memory settings in bios as is. Those settings are used only by bios during boot process (to display logo, boot menu ...) and they don't have affect how much video memory is used by Windows. If you will increase those value, it will only reserve more RAM for bios and leave less memory for your needs.

In this system (with Intel  Integrated Graphics and Windows 10), the amount of video memory is assigned automatically by Windows 10. Maximum it is half of your RAM memory.

More detailed explanation you can read under this link: Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

Hope this helps

Leon

• 4. Re: video-memory
                Irje

Thanks All for answers !

But, how to FIX MAXIMUM posible value for used as video-memory ?

For an example, no more than 2 GB.

• 5. Re: video-memory
                  lw1948

The graphic memory values in bios are defined in Bios in Advanced->Devices you will find IDG Aperture Size and IDG Minimum Memory. Usually the default values are for IDG Aperture Size 64MB and for IDG Minimum Memory 256MB.

The ease way to fix bios and to set the bios to its default values is:

-During boot enter bios by pressing F2

- In Bios press F9 (Y) to set bios defaults

- Press F10 followed by Y to save and exit.

Leon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: video-memory
                    N.Scott.Pearson

The parameters in the BIOS only affect the amount of memory that is initially allocated. It does not provide any control over the total that might be used dynamically. I do not believe that there is a way to limit how much memory is used dynamically. It will use up to 50% of available memory based upon the current requirements.

...S