Thank you for using Intel® community support. I understand you are trying to create RAID arrays using our Intel® Server Chassis H2224XXKR2, 4 modules of Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24R and 24 Intel® SSD DC S4500 of 1.9TB.
Additionally, you updated the BIOS version of the four modules to version 1.01.0022/1.50/1.17 and you are using UEFI boot option.
José, I would need more details before giving to you a workaround. I need to know the type of RAID array (0 – 1 – 5 – 10) that you want to create. Please let me know if you are using a hardware RAID card (include model) or embedded RAID, if this is the case, specify the option (RSTe or ESRT2).
As general information, Intel® Server Chassis H2224XXKR2 supports up to 24 Hot-swap 2.5" drives, each module supports up to 8 drives each. Please give me more details on how you are planning to create the RAID arrays.
I found a newer firmware update of the Integrated RAID Module RMS3JC080; if you are using it, please perform the update. I am sending you the steps to follow.
Intel® 12Gb SAS3 IT/IR Firmware update:
1. Unzip all of the files from the zip package onto USB key, maintaining the directory structure. Please make sure that the USB key is fully compatible with the EFI version on your motherboard. Some incompatible versions may prevent USB key working normally.
2. Boot to the EFI shell
- Press 'F2' during POSt to enter BIOS Setup
- Select Boot Manager -> EFI Shell
3. Change drive and directory location to where you unzipped the package by typing the following commands:
fs0: <press Enter>
cd <SAS FW directory name>
Note: You can always get a list of files and sub-directories in the current directory by typing 'dir' command.
Instead of 'fs0: you may need to type 'fs1:' or 'fs2:', etc. depending on your drive configuration and removable media type.
4. Type in the name of the batch file that matches your board model and press <Enter>:
rs3pc.nsh Intel® RAID Controller RS3PC (integrated RAID controller on the FHWKPTPBGB24 bridge board)
5. Wait for the flash to complete. Do NOT reboot the system during the update.
I will be waiting for your answer.
- Yes we want to create an Array is possible 5.
- Yes we update from 1.01.0016 to 1.01.0022/1.50/1.17 (one by one means 1.01.0018, 1.01.0019 - 20 - 21)
- We are using UEFI boot option and after F2 -> advanced -> PCI and see the LSI raid and the disk so didn't see any button to create array.
- We are not using External Array card because according to the compatible list all cards only handle external disks. So If it is needed we can use RS3SC008 or RS25SB008.
- If possible to use embedded RAID, great so in this options (RSTe or ESRT2), we didn't see the disks, so if we go to advanced boot manager we can see the disk.
- You said "As general information, Intel® Server Chassis H2224XXKR2 supports up to 24 Hot-swap 2.5" drives, each module supports up to 8 drives each. Please give me more details on how you are planning to create the RAID arrays." so is only 6 drives per module, so we are only going to connect 3 disk per module.
- I updated the firmware Intel® 12Gb SAS3 IT/IR Firmware with the file rs3pc.nsh without problems. The current version is 13. here is the link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26424/?product=88294
- See the attached below where I can see the disk. So I can't find the Button to create Array that the button should say Array Properties. Yes in the picture are not only the Intel's disk because I was trying with others disk, so The intel Disk are compatible.
Thanks !! I will appreciate your help
I appreciated your feedback.
It is possible to create a RAID 5 configuration using the Intel® RAID C600 Upgrade Key RKSATA4R5 (optional) and Intel® Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (ESRT2).
The instructions to set the RAID arrays using the embedded options are the following.
1-Get into the BIOS>Advanced tab>Mass Storage Controller>Sata Port0-5>AHCI Capable SATA Controller and enable RAID
2-At AHCI Capable RAID Options select Intel® ESRT2
**Note: RAID 5 requires the Intel® RAID C600 Upgrade Key RKSATA4R5
(More details section 2.13 page 23)
Intel® Server Board S2600TP Product Family and Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP Product Family
Otherwise, it is possible to create RAID arrays using RAID 0 – 1 and 10, as you mention each module supports up to 6 drives.
3-Go to Boot Maintenance Manager tab>Advanced Boot Options>Boot Mode and enable UEFI
4-Save changes with F10 then, get into BIOS again and follow the RAID configuration instructions for UEFI
5-Using the Intel® RAID Controller SRCSASLS4I Hardware User’s Guide, section 3, page 28.
The instructions are the same for RSte.
*Note: UEFI boot mode disables Ctrl-I and Ctrl-E RAID BIOS.
It is possible to create a RAID 5 array using the Intel® RAID Controller RS3SC008 (not necessary the RAID key) and it is necessary to attach the hardware RAID card to Riser Slot 1 Riser Card.
I hope my information helps you with the RAID configuration. Do not hesitate to reply to this post if you need anything else.
Thanks, so still I can see the disks using the AHCI Capable RAID Options select Intel® ESRT2 OR Other Option. I only see the Disk under controller LSI SAS3800 so it didn't show the boot option. I tried booting using UEFI and I can see the controllers AHCI Capable RAID Options select Intel® ESRT2 and LSI SAS3800, so I am not able to make any raid volume.
Attached I am prepare different screen that can provide a better understanding. I have been using the Intel SSD Disk that are supported, also I tried with SSD Intel Disk and others Disk like SAS seagate, Crucial SSD without luck.
Appear that the raid must be donde from LSI SAS3800 because there I can see the disk so I can't see ay button to make the Raid Volume. According to the screen page # 16 & 17 in the attachment, you can see that the button doesn't appear to make Raid Volume Config, in the page 17 you can see a screen example that I found from internet that I compare with my screen.
Also could you tell me if we can use the raid card RS25SB008, that is compatible with Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24R?
We are using the disks Intel® SSD DC S4500 Series (1.9TB, 2.5in SATA 6Gb/s, 3D1, TLC) Product Specifications .
case-not-raid.pdf 2.5 MB
Sorry correction for the fist line
so still I can not see the disks using the AHCI Capable RAID Options select Intel® ESRT2 OR Other Option.
Did you see my last 2 post? or Somebody from Intel that can help us with this issue?
In regards to your RAID configuration issue with the Intel® Server Chassis H2224XXKR2, I would like to contact you via telephone. Please tell which is the best time to reach you?
I apologize for the inconvenience.
Feel free to call me in any time, Now working 24 Hours to resolve this Issue Bro. I Appreciate your Help. If your call don't reach me in the first attempt try again please. If not give me a number and I can call you. I think you have my Phone number.
Attached you will find a zip file that contain sys info for the four 4 module. We have 3 modules with 2 cpu and 1 Module with 1 Cpu (Also in this module we have the same problem) and PBA # for each bridge board included on the modules. Also attached the error when making the iMR 3008 ROC Hardware RAID Firmware Flash Update update.
Please I appreciate your help to resolve this case. And let me know if you need something else from us.
Hope all well, Please did you get any info that help to resolve this case?
I reviewed the results of your Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24R with the bridge board model iPC - FHWKPTPBGB24, I need to inform you that this system with 24 drives does not support RAID configuration through embedded RAID controllers or hardware RAID card.
It is possible to create RAID configurations through the operating system (software RAID) only.
You can find more details about the limitation on page 26.
Intel® Server S2600TP Product Family Configuration Guide and Spares / Accessories
If you have more questions in regard to your post, I suggest you contact us through our phone, chat or email using the link below:
Contact Support (select Intel® Servers)
Our bridge board model iPC - FHWKPTPBGB24 have problems o manufactured defect because don't let make the update iMR 3008 ROC Hardware RAID Firmware Flash Update update
Please Help me with these things:
1- What about the error when making the iMR 3008 ROC Hardware RAID Firmware Flash Update update??? Did you see my screen?
2- In the Page Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24R Product Specifications appear 3 Raid external card compatible and the module only works with the bridge board model iPC - FHWKPTPBGB24, so we must be able to use the raid cards if the bridge boards works well?
3- Intel® Compute Module HNS2600TP24R only works with bridge board model iPC - FHWKPTPBGB24, not more choice Only we can install it with 24 disk chassis. or Are there others chassis compatible? or other Bridge Board?
4- The link that you sent give error and doesn't open.
Please keep making support like Intel and Paul Otellini showed You.