Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problem using SR300 on HP Omen Win10 Home

JAbir
Beginner

Hi,

I got a SR300 camera, connected on a USB3 port to a HP Omen, with i7-7700HQ, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX-1050 Win 10 Home 64-bit.

It seems that the installation is not going well...

Can you please advice how to proceed, below is a detailed explanation of what I got:

The SR300 appears in the device manager, with driver version 10.0.15063.447, but the virtual driver is missing:

I have tried to install the DCM: intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718 manually, but I got the following error:

I have attached the data from the SDK information viewer.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you for posting your other message about the same problem on this computer with an LR200 camera, as it helps with diagnosis.

Given that your computer meets the minimum specification for the cameras, and you are having a detection failure with both the SR300 and LR200, it is highly likely that the problem is related to the USB ports of your PC. If the PC is not reliably supplying the USB port with power (i.e fluctuations are occurring) then the camera connection drops and an installer such as the DCM program cannot detect it.

Sometimes the problems are caused by an update downloading and installing in Windows. Most of these cases affect the SR300 camera model, so the fact that both of your cameras have detection issues leads me to think that the problem is not with Windows.

Many people have fixed detection problems instantly by plugging the camera into a mains-powered USB 3.0 hub instead of directly into the PC's USB port. These hubs are available from stores such as Amazon for around $15 by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'. A small number of people have also fixed their detection problem by plugging the camera into an ordinary unpowered hub.

There was also a recent case where a Macbook user achieved the same effect as a mains-powered hub by attaching the camera to their Macbook's external USB-C to HDMI/USB extension.

0 Kudos
JAbir
Beginner

MartyG,

Thank you for that.

As for the LR200 I can see the RGB stream, but only in the viewer.

Using an ordinary un-powered hub didn't solve the problem.

I'll update after using a powered one.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Ok, thank you very much for the update. Good luck with a powered hub - I look forward to hearing your report about whether it worked for you.

0 Kudos
JAbir
Beginner

I have tried with a powered USB hub UNITEK Y-3041, still the same problem.

Any ideas what to do next?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I posted a new workaround last night for the USB SR300 camera that worked for me personally.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello JA_NVR,

I was wondering if you could check the suggestion provided by MartyG.

If you have any update or question, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos