1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 10:04 AM by Intel Corporation

Manage Intel RAID C610 series

StephanH

Hi,

I'm looking for a Management Software for the "Intel(R) C610 series/X99 chipset eSATA AHCI Controller - 8D62" RAID controller.

We've got a windows server 2016 with this controller. Windows only recognizes the whole RAID as a single disk and not all the Disks managed by the RAID controller.

Is there a software to monitor the Intel RAID controller? We have to see, when for example a disks fails.

I've already found these Softwares, but I'm not shure if those are working with my controllert. Does anyone have experience with any software?

Intel Rapid Storage Thenology:

Intel® Rapid-Storage-Technik

MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM)

Downloads | Thomas Krenn Schweiz.AG

• 1. Re: Manage Intel RAID C610 series
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® communities. We will do our best in order to try to provide the information requested.

In regard to your inquiry, the version of Intel® RST that supports Windows® Server 2016 is 15.5, the thing about that version is that it does not support or is not fully compatible with the Intel® C610 chipset, please check where it says “Platforms supported”:
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26730/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005

Now, the Intel® RST version that supports the Intel® C610 chipset is version 14.8, but that version does not support Windows® Server 2016. Please select where it says “Read Me (txt)” on link below for the chipsets supported, you should see Intel® C600 series which  is the family of your chipset: 
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

So, unfortunately the hardware/ software combination of your platform is not fully compatible with our tool and it might not work properly on your system. What we recommend to do will be to look for a 3rd party utility to monitor the RAID controller or to get in contact with the manufacturer of the computer to verify if they can recommend a software to do that. Another thing to try will be to get in contact with the manufacturer of the MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM) to confirm if that software is capable of supporting that function.

I also encourage all the peers viewing this forum, that if they have further suggestions or commends about this matter, to post all the information on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
          Alberto R