5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2017 3:33 AM by RussVC

LP3065 display not running at native resolution

RussVC

Hi, I hope somebody can help, this is driving me nuts.

Native resolution for the HP LP3065 is 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz but the Iris 650 only allows 1280 x 800. The Graphics Control panel "info" display does show the native resolution but it is not displayed as an option in display settings.

All drivers for the NUC 7i7BNH have been updated, all firmware also updated.

Connected to the NUC's HDMI port and through a dual-link DVI adapter to the display.

Setting custom resolution just states that the required resolution exceeds bandwidth, even using reduced blanking in the advanced section.

Regards

Russ

• 1. Re: LP3065 display not running at native resolution
          N.Scott.Pearson

HP provides an INF file for this monitor. You may alleviate this problem by installing this file. Here is a link to the download page: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: LP3065 display not running at native resolution
            RussVC

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestion... unfortunately I've already tried the inf file, and tried various versions of the HP "installation" programs but none of them work, or at least are ignored by the system.

I had the same problem with another PC using an NVIDIA graphic card, the common element being this monitor and Windows 10, but I hope somebody can suggest a work around for the Iris chipset... HP are worse than useless.

Russ

• 3. Re: LP3065 display not running at native resolution
              N.Scott.Pearson

Are you absolutely sure that the HDMI-to-DVI adapter that you are using is truly capable of supporting this high a resolution? Just because it is dual-link does not guarantee this.

Have you tried connecting via the USB-C port (with appropriate adapter)?

...S

• 4. Re: LP3065 display not running at native resolution
                RussVC

Hi Scott,

No, I'm not certain the cable and adapter support this, but all the specs say it does and that's all I've really got to go on, I have two adapters, different makes, both show the same problem. I have ordered a USB-C to DP adapter that I hope to use with an existing DP to DVI converter that has worked previously, but this is a bit "messy" and again not certain it will work. I pretty much know the problem is the monitor because it's very fussy but it cost a fortune albeit a few years back but I can't really afford to replace it...

Russ

• 5. Re: LP3065 display not running at native resolution
                  RussVC

Well, interesting. While waiting for the USB-C to DP adapter I tried a few things with the HDMI to DVI-DL adapter to my HP monitor... one worked.

Uninstalling and deleting the Intel Iris graphics drivers and forcing the generic Windows drivers, the screen fired up in full 2560x1600 resolution. Reinstalling the Iris drivers caused the same problem again. So, it appears that the issue lies with the Intel Iris drivers when using the HDMI port, maybe failing to implement the reduced blanking necessary to run 2560x1600 resolution on  HDMI to DVI-DL.

In the meantime, the USB-C to DP adapter arrived and worked instantly, in conjunction with my existing DP to DVI-DL adapter.

Therefore two possible fixes but the USB-C solution is the better, until/unless Intel fix the HDMI drivers.

Russ