1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 1:08 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Chipset RAM compatibility

WantedStarling

Hello, I have the Asus H110M-K motherboard which has the H110 chipset. I want to buy the Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2133MHz 2 Module. I've contacted Asus and Corsair and they both told me that it is not 100% guranteed it will be compatible. The thing I want to ask is if this RAM will be compatible because both RAM and motherboard are DDR4. I also checked Corsair's website for the spesific RAM (Vengeance® LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C13 Memory Kit - Black (CMK8GX4M2A2133C13)  and I saw the title and it says "Designed for high-performance overclocking on Intel X99 and 100 Series motherboard" and on the bottom of this page it also says

Compatibility

• Intel X99 and 100 Series platforms

So, according to these two is this RAM compatible or should I listen to Corsair and Asus. But H110 chipset is a 100 Series chipset. Is there any person here that has these two components and knows the answer or someone that is sure can answer me?

Thank you for your time

P.S My CPU is the Pentium G4560

• 1. Re: Chipset RAM compatibility
          N.Scott.Pearson

It sounds like they should be compatible - but if there is any doubt, look for a different kit that is listed as being 100% compatible. Asus should have a web page that lists the compatible DRAM and vendors (like Corsair) should have a web page that lists the compatible motherboards.

...S

1 of 1 people found this helpful