1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2017 7:05 AM by MeitavKleinfeld

Apt-get problems with Euclid

Georgge

Hi!

I've been running some tests and it is a common issue that, with an Euclid, you can't use the apt-get command. The latest example is "sudo apt-get install ros-kinetic-rtabmap-ros". In my test computer, it is not a problem, but with the Euclid, it says "E: Unable to locate package ros-kinetic-rtabmap". And it's just one of many packages that I couldn't install on the Euclid.

Is there any way to solve this? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Apt-get problems with Euclid
          MeitavKleinfeld

Hi Georgge,

That package is part of a repository that isn't available on the Euclid. Some of the packages in that repository are packages that are not compatible with ARM processors, and although the Euclid has an x86 processor and is compatible, it shares some aspects with those types of dev kits. I'm not sure if it's rightfully unavailable because it's unsupported by the system architecture, or if it's possible to use those packages.

We're currently exploring options to see if this is something that can be made available.

In the meantime I'd recommend installing RTAB and other packages from source, if possible, via github or the like.

Regards,

Meitav

Intel Euclid Development Team