Thank you joining the Intel® NUC community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the HDMI port of the unit.
Have you checked if you are running the latest graphics driver for this operating system?
Have you tested another HDMI cable? The recommendation is to make sure you are using a HDMI cable category 2.0.
I'm not too sure what you mean by "driver for the OS," in this case it's Ubuntu 17.04, other than the firmware provided by Intel listed here (Download Linux* Processor Microcode Data File ). If that's what you mean, then I do have the latest driver for the device.
The HDMI cable is cat 2.0 and the cable itself is working properly as I have tested it on other devices.
In that case I would recommending checking the Ubuntu Forums in order to check if you are running your system update to date. This since Intel® has not tested and validated Intel® NUC on your Linux version, so from our end there is no documentation for drivers for this operating system.
In the meantime while you check for this information, I would like to request more details regarding this matter, please see below:
- Could you please let us know your BIOS version?
- Is the no video issue only present while booting the Intel® NUC? You mentioned that the server runs fine, does this mean that once you access to the operating system there are no issues with the video?
- What is the model of the TV and the monitor you tested? And, what is the resolution you set?
- Did your configuration work before?
- Is there any chance to test a different video port?