4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 11:43 AM by Intel Corporation

Problem with i5 4600 video driver

VadimKasjan

Hello,

i have a problem with driver for Intel core i5 4440 integrated graphics (4600).

System Windows 8.1 x64

3 days ago when computer normaly work, the screen turned off and write "No signal, check connection" (LG 23EA53).

I reboot, at first normal load, but after load screen i see "No signal.."

I launched PC on safe mode, trying understand what happen, didn't found and did recovery using system image on disk . He launched in normal mode. I think that all gone, but can't watch video or playing games, it's was like picture.

I went Control panel-> Device manager and look what driver i have on Video adapter, it was Basic video adapter(Microsoft), i understand that driver for 4600 crashed.

I went on this site and found Intel Driver & Support assistant(Intel DSA), download, and it recommended me update Basic video adapter, i accept, download, and when installing end i see one more time "No signal..". Restore to Basic adapter from safe mode.

Already try update to Windows 10, inside instalation it automatically update drivers and "No signal..", backup.

At 3 day i give up and ask you to help me find possible sollutions.. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Problem with i5 4600 video driver
          N.Scott.Pearson

What may be happening here is that Windows Update has installed an incorrect driver for your video solution. I suggest that you go to the downloads page for your board's manufacturer and download the latest Intel HD Graphics driver that is provided there and install it (likely will need to do this in Safe Mode). If this works, then you will want to block Windows Update from downloading this bad graphics driver.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: Problem with i5 4600 video driver
            VadimKasjan

Thanks for answer, but i forgot say, that i tryed not only automatic way, i tryed do it myself using .zip and from control panel->found driver on PC

Tryed full driver for processor (video + audio drivers) and 2 versions only for graphical 4600 (latest and old driver)

Allweys same result, as soon as driver start work and i not in safe mode "No signal ..."

• 3. Re: Problem with i5 4600 video driver
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello VadimKasjan,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support.  I will be more than happy to help you.  I understand that you are having issues with an external display no longer being detected your system, and that the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 driver is not active.

The driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 controller in the Intel® Core™ i5-4400E Processor is only supported in Windows® 10.  I see that you mentioned that you tried to upgrade to Windows® 10; if you have already upgraded the operating system, then I would suggest running a manual installation of the graphics driver.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26984/eng/win64_1540136.4703.zip
              2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
              3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
              4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
              5. Expand the Display adapters section.
              6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
              7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
              8. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
              9. Click Have Disk
              10. Click Browse.
              11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called Graphics.
              12. Select the file called igdlh64 or igdlh
              13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
              14. Reboot your computer when prompted.
              Let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Regards,

Xavier A.
              • 4. Re: Problem with i5 4600 video driver
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello VadimKasjan,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.