2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 8:39 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC7i7BNH Video Memory Allocation

Surge

I'm having issues with allocating more memory for the video.I have 16gb's installed but it still limits to 1gb of use.No matter how you set the bios to allocate more video memory it won't change from the 1gb.Thanks..

• 1. Re: NUC7i7BNH Video Memory Allocation
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Surge,

I understand you are trying to allocate more video memory to your computer. Let me help clarify this issue.
          The video memory on an Intel® NUC can be allocated via BIOS, specifically when accessing video configuration on the advanced tab.
          You can select up to 1.5Gb aperture size and set minimum memory of 1GB. Since the allocation of the memory is dynamic you will have up to half of the size of the physical memory installed on the computer. In other words, you will get 8Gb of video memory allocated dynamically and this will depend on the operating system version or flavor.

Please see this link for more information about video memory and check the picture attached for BIOS configuration.

Regards,
          Allan J.

• 2. Re: NUC7i7BNH Video Memory Allocation
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Surge,

I was reviewing this case and I wondered if you were you able to address more video memory to the system?

Allan J.