5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 9:16 AM by Intel Corporation

i9-7900x & Turbo Boost Max 3.0 BSOD

bahgoogen

Hi there,

I've been having a lot of BSOD's ever since i built my new X299 system.

I initially thought it was a RAM issue, but now I am beginning to believe that it's a ITBM issue.

I've seen a lot of posts especially in regards to the i7-7820X and Adobe software in particular. And the current workaround is to disable ITBM 3.0. This seems to be a specific Adobe & 6850K issue. I feel as though mine is a little different.

It also looks like ASUS has released an updated BIOS to fix the issue with their boards, and there seems to be success from there. I'm running on an ASRock X299 Taichi, so no updates on the BIOS since 8/11/17.

I use both Adobe software (AE, Illustrator, Photoshop etc), and also Cinema 4D and a host of other applications. I cannot pinpoint my BSOD's to Adobe apps as they havent always been running every time.

Other users have been reporting instant crashes upon opening applications, where as mine are always at random times.

After weeks of troubleshooting, i have today disabled Turbo Boost Max 3.0 from the BIOS, and will wait and see how we go. This is not an optimal solution obviously as i'm not achieving the advertised boost speeds for the processor, and since disabling, there is noticeable sluggish performance in After Effects.

My system specs are attached as well as the most recent crash mini dump.

Anyone have a 7900X system with the same issues?