1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 3:04 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Which of these Intel Programs Can Be Uninstalled?

koolx

Please see attached screenshot. Which of these Intel programs are not necessary and can be uninstalled without affecting Intel drivers?

• 1. Re: Which of these Intel Programs Can Be Uninstalled?
          N.Scott.Pearson

You could kill the process(es) for or uninstall the Intel Update Manager and the Intel Driver and Support Assistant. There are ramifications for doing so, however.

The Intel Update Manager is there primarily to watch for critical updates to the Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware being released. It was installed by the ME Corporate/Consumer driver package, but I think it can be uninstalled separately. If you uninstall this package, you will not have anything watching for critical firmware updates - but I have never seen any be released this way anyway.

The Intel Driver and Support Assistant is a tool that watches for updated device drivers and related software being released. You must have installed this package yourself. If you uninstall this package, you will not have anything watching for updated drivers and related software being released. Some updates will come via Windows Update, however.

Hope this helps,

...S